- Brett and I met at UCLA at a sushi bar in Westwood called Cowboy Sushi back in 1991. And those of you who know Brett, knows he doesn't like sushi - must have been the sake.
- My room is 6111 and "11" is my lucky number
- On the other side of my "peeps" here at Oncology, is the Neuroscience ward. We all know how I love my Neuros at UCLA! I just feel like this is one big home for me.
- I get to walk past the Video EEG monitoring room every day on my daily walks. I love looking in, and thinking to myself, "I know what that is!" and thinking seizures suck.
- The Neuroscience ward looks over Fraternity Row; specifically the Theta Chi house and the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house. I was a "Little Sister of Minerva" at the SAE house at UCSB. In fact, I partied at that particular SAE house back in 1991 - possibly the same weekend I met Brett.
- The SAE house has beautiful white Christmas lights everywhere and looks gorgeous. They had a beautiful tree as well, but it was gone tonight. Hmmm... maybe a huge party?
- Part of my unit looks out of Dr. Shields' clinic.
- I can see Westwood from the hall, and last night they had the premiere for "Marley and Me" with Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson. Guess they were too busy to stop by.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Why I feel so safe here at UCLA
Bullet points, because my typing on the lap top sucks. Chemo brain already?
Posted by Kelly