Sunday, June 13, 2010

Home without answers

Jenelle and I left UCLA on Wednesday afternoon with few answers from her EEG. Dr. Shields wants to review all 24 hours and see us in 4 weeks. In the meantime, no change in medications. From the preliminary report, Dr. Shields feels that Jenelle is not having spasms, so that is good news. Why she has had an increase in seizures, we still don't know.

I started ATRA (Vitamin A, my third chemo med) on Thursday and I've been really tired. Watching Jenelle in the hospital for two days didn't help. Thankfully, Brett has let me sleep in all weekend. It was very challenging trying to keep Jenelle in a hospital bed for two days. She fell out three times; once I caught her, and the other two times she fell to the floor. She wasn't hurt, but a little startled. I'm glad to be home.

That is all for now. I will keep you posted. Thank you for sending those seizure vibes. Whether or not it worked, we have yet to know.

2 comments:

Army of Mom said...

Bless both of your hearts. As Tom Petty says, waiting is the hardest part (sometimes). I hope you can get rested and get some relief and information for Jenelle. You're in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home. Prayers, Barbara