Monday, April 06, 2009

Things are good!

I am sitting here right now waiting for my home health nurse, or as I like to call her, the home health vampire. I am due for another blood draw this morning. Friday evening, the nurse called me with excellent news - my WBC count was 3.8 (normal is 4.5) and my neutrophils were still at 600. I was much more comfortable at home this weekend and much less anxious second guessing myself. In fact, I felt so good on Saturday, I went with Jack to a friend's birthday party where I got to mingle with parents from his school. It was a lot of fun, but I got tired very easy. I think I should start walking and slowly exercising now as it might be really hard to get back into my old work schedule when the time comes.

Jenelle's cold got worse on Friday, and she had a lot of color coming out of her runny nose. Brett took her to urgent care on Saturday morning where they placed her on an anti-biotic for a sinus infection. She was a lot better on Sunday and slept really well last night. I myself am still on an anti-biotic, so I think that has helped me avoid her little bug. I washed my hands a lot this weekend and avoided Jenelle the best I could. She is still such a happy little girl and I watched her move all weekend from her room to the living room, from toy to toy. This improvement is exciting to see as she plays so well independently. Brett said she'd play in the bathroom if we put toys in there, but I think he's wrong. She truly enjoys her room, and the sunlight that enters it.

I have some photos to post, but need to get them onto the computer. My hair is really growing back now and I can almost go without a scarf. I have an adorable photo of Jenelle playing to share. I'll get them up soon.

Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted! KCA!

4 comments:

Timestep said...

I was telling Sarah and Sydney that while KCA can mean Kid's Choice Awards, it also meant Kick Cancer's Ass.

They decided it should be KCB - Kick Cancer's Butt since they can't say Ass.

LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm kickin'-happy with all that good news!

Barbara

Leightongirl said...

What a great update. And I love the title of the post. You go.

Army of Mom said...

Woo hoo! Great news. I'm so glad you're doing well. Keep KCA!