Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feeling Down

Down on neutrophils that is. Today my neutrophil count was still zero, and even my doctors are a bit surprised. They had hoped for some increase by now. There are medications that can be given to help boost neutrophils, but I'm told that with my type of leukemia, they are not recommended because they could also "boost" any hidden cancer cells as well. So, for now I wait and pray for an increase my neutrophils. Anything but another zero again.

On the up side, I had a slight fever a few days ago of 100.2, and had to go through a fever work up where they run lots of tests to find out if there is any infection brewing. They also started an antibiotic and I've been on it for 3 days and the low grade fever is finally gone. I got some platelets on Tuesday and because it was not type specific, I had what looked like the start of a rash with a bunch of red spots on my arms and legs. Thankfully today that is looking better. And yesterday I got two units of blood so hopefully that will help give me a boost. So no infection, no rash, all we're waiting on is my neutrophil count and then I can go home! That can't come soon enough!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I'll update when I can - KCA!

3 comments:

Gators_Rule said...

I'm sorry the count was still zero. I hope your neutrophils get their rears in gear. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Prayers for more neutrophils just said - first of the day. But not the last.

Barbara

Me said...

What's it look like today Kel? Hopefully up up up?