Sorry for the quick post on Sunday - I was trying to get out the door to watch our Angels lose to Boston! ;)
When I spoke to the lab at the ER and the bacteria was identified. Just before leaving for the game, the ER doctor called after reviewing the results. He felt that Jenelle would be fine with the IV antibiotics she received on Saturday. Also, the second blood culture was clear after 24 hours, which means she could be over the infection (or that it was a contaminant.) We are still waiting for final results (as cultures take a full 72 hours) but it looks like we have safely avoided a hospital admission (knock on wood!)
Jenelle seemed a little better on Sunday, but still lethargic. All of this is just another reminder at how medically fragile she can be. I asked the ER doctor how she could have possibly obtained a blood infection, and it seems the bacteria identified was a "staph type bacteria from the skin" which could have come from an untreated cut or sore. Also, a typical cold virus can always cross into the blood system so that was very likely as well.
Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers! I'll keep you posted if anything changes!
Monday, October 08, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Yea.. that sounds like great news!
Post a Comment