Wednesday, Jenelle had to be picked up from school because of a fever and vomiting. She seemed fine except for a runny nose, but we kept her home Thursday just in case. By then, it was just a runny nose for her, and I started to feel congested and sick.
As a precaution, I called UCLA to get their thoughts on what to do if I got worse. The next day the nurse called back to tell me to page her over the weekend if my mucus had color or if I were to get a fever. They really want to avoid using an anti-biotic if we can, and told me to use regular over the counter drugs. So far this weekend, I have a normal cold and no signs of infection, but still it isn't fun. As a bonus, Brett started to get sick on Friday. Jack has an immune system of steel, I must figure out how he manages to avoid everything.
I still have some time before going back to the hospital, but I am worried that I will be as strong as I was after this little set back. I hope this cold goes away quickly so I can have some time to recover and get stronger before starting Chemo on January 27. I also hope this doesn't delay it.
Please send some "get well" prayers our way. And special prayers that this doesn't get worse for me, or go into pneumonia. That's all for now, I'll update more later.