Yesterday we saw Dr. Territo, my oncologist, for a follow up. We were told to expect to be admitted if my numbers were zero. After a long wait, the numbers came back in really good shape. I am no where near zero yet, and in fact my blood is so healthy I could donate platelets if I wanted (or could.)
Dr. Territo said that it is possible that I may not hit zero with this last chemo drug. It's a slim chance, but sometimes it just does that. She is willing to keep me home for as long as possible, and said that if all goes well and I may not even need to be hospitalized. None of the protocol changes, I still need to be isolated, and still need to call immediately if I start to run a fever, or have vomiting and the like. She gave me some antibiotics in case we need them, and is planning to see me in two weeks, assuming I'm still home. Please pray it stays this way!
As for my Mom, it looks like she could be having some issues with her heart, which could be the reason she fell last week. She is still in the hospital and they are still running a lot of tests. I don't know more than that, but I'm sure she wants to be home.
So that is the plan for now. Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers.