Friday, December 12, 2008

Sleep, it haunts me.

I can attest, that you can have some super trippy dreams on Chemo. Some are very detailed, and all have to do with food. Like me eating something I can't have right now (steak, etc.) I can even have a most vivid dream, in like 10 minutes. Last night was not a good night for sleep. I saw every hour on the clock last night, and finally got two hours between 4 and 6 a.m. Part of it was my being so sleepy the day before, which I later figured out to be 3 doses of Benadryl for a rash I had. I took 3 doses of Benadryl, an Ambien.... yeah, I slept a lot yesterday and was hung over too. So I did not take the Ambien last night and look what happened.

I'm too tired to tell you about the dreams. Sorry. Trippy. But know, that sleep haunts me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not the right season for hauntings! Could you trap some sugar plums? What kind of other food restrictions do you have?

Here in the outside world, sleep is rough, too. A friend told me about a dream where he was standing on the edge of a cliff, holding hands up against a herd of cars trying to over like a pack of lemmings.

Hope you are laughing. Hope you find reasons to smile every day. Seeing a post from you makes me smile. (Although Brett did a pretty good guest spot.)

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, Kelly, and hoping tonight is a more restful night.

Kristine (kristinesonja)

Vodka Mom said...

still sending good thoughts. I'll send sleepy thoughts tonight, however.