We've gotten a lot of requests on blood donor information, so here you go. My blood type is A Positive. I need both type specific blood and platelets. If you are in the area, and would like to specifically donate blood for my use, you can only do so at UCLA. If you want to donate blood at your local red cross, you can ask that it be credited to me (it does not have to be the same type.)
The UCLA Blood and Platelet Center is located at 1045 Gayley Avenue in Los Angeles. To make an appointment, call 310-206-6287 or 310-825-0888 x2. Their website is http://www.gotblood.ucla.edu/
Here is the criteria for giving blood:
- Be at least 17 years old (there is no upper age limit)
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
- Be in general good health
- Have not taken any aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications withing 36 hours of donation
- If Diabetic: No Insulin (oral medications are acceptable)
- If asthmatic: No oral medications (Singulair is acceptable)
- Must be willing to allow approximately 2 hours for the entire donation process.
If you have any questions, call your local Red Cross or the UCLA number above. Thank you so much.