Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Its all about the numbers - right?

I was just reviewing my calendar and making a list of various doctors appointments, ER visits, hospital stays and out-patient things for Jenelle. I wanted to compare this list to my co-payments and claims to AFLAC (yes, let's all say it like the duck!)

30 visits to doctors
7 trips to the ER
5 days in PICU
4 hospital stays
2 out patient procedures (with a 3rd scheduled for August 18)
2 consultation visits to "other" experts

On the up-side, Jenelle has only had 2 grand-mals this year! Unfortunately her other seizures are too numerous to count - but I think there were at least 6 to go over 5 minutes (ie: requiring Diastat) and of course and most unfortunately 1 status seizure.

All of these numbers for my sweet baby who is 2 years, 9 months, 2 weeks and 4 days old! And its only August! ;)

3 comments:

Kyra said...

As you pointed out, at least she's not having many big seizures!

And don't forget the

countless smiles
heart-tickling laughter
and endless other ways she brings joy into your family.

May you awake each morning to the knowledge of God's peace and love!

Jen said...

Kelly,
Hi! It is Jen. I wrote a lengthy email and found that it must have never gotten to you. Could you please email me back so I have your address. I would also like to share photos of Karter and his story with you. My email is jzhaen@charter.net
Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.
Jennifer

Kelly said...

Hi Jen! I got your email, but I haven't responded yet! Sorry! :) Would love to see photos, so I'll respond soon. Thanks!