Monday, June 04, 2007

Little League Day at the Angels Game!

On Sunday, our Angels hosted "Little League Day" and all the Leagues in our District got to parade on the field before the game! I honestly don't think these kids know how lucky they are! Here is Brett and his assistant coach with Jack and his the teammates parading on field (Jack being a ham of course!)



If you can believe it, Jenelle has never actually owned her own "Angels" outfit in red. Of course, as a baby we had a lot of red for her to wear, but never anything official with an Angels logo. And now, pretty much everything she owns is pink or purple, so Friday evening I purchased this adorable cheerleader outfit and she seemed pretty smitten with herself!

Before the game, Jenelle and I went into Diamond Club (VIP Season Ticket area) with Grandma to snap photos of the parade. At home, when Jenelle was dressed and ready to go, Jack saw her and said, "Mommy, Jenelle is very cute today!" I think all she was missing was pom poms.


After the pre-game parade, we moved down to our seats near the foul pole which were fortunately in the front row of the Terrace Level (in the shade!) It was perfect, and the ushers were very helpful with Jenelle's wheelchair and such. Unfortunately I had to hold Jenelle on my lap like this the entire game (in fact, you can see her determined face fighting me in this photo!) As you know, she is quite giggly wiggly, so my arms felt like they were going to fall off last night after we got home!

A little later in the game when she calmed down, I was able to sit Jenelle in the seat next to me where she held herself up for a good 10 minutes (and gave my sore arms a much needed break!) She is really looking like such a big girl too! A cute little 2 year old sitting behind Jenelle kept grabbing her curl and pulling it down to make it bounce up! It didn't bother her a bit!

Jack and Daddy enjoyed the game, especially Vladimir's walk off home run to win it! Jack actually got cold in our seats in the shade, so Brett took him down to sit in the sun to warm up. After the game, we went to Grandma's to swim and I got to nap in the sun!



So now our Little League season is over - Jack's last game was Saturday. Jack has a new trophy for his room and we can all rest a bit more until next season! I got some good news in that it looks like the Challenger Division for Jenelle may actually happen next year. At the game on Saturday, I spoke to Rex Hudler (former Angels player, now TV announcer) and he was very positive and excited about the new division. I'm sure next season will be here before we know it!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Tammy and Parker said...

What an exciting day! Janelle certainly did look super cute in her cheerleading outfit!

Philip. said...

I call into your blog whenever I can.

It really is interesting and touching!

Philip :-)

Anonymous said...

Have you heard anything about Jenelle's new bed lately?
Paige