Monday, February 29, 2016

Back to School!

Jenelle went back to school today, and was very happy to see her friends. Prior to leaving school for her after school program at YMCA, I got an email from her teacher saying she was running a fever of 100.8. I hadn't removed the bandages yet to expose the steri-strips, so I wasn't sure if it was red. Luckily, YMCA reported a normal temperature and it has stayed that way all evening.
Last night, I think we had our first seizure since implanting the VNS. Not sure, because it only lasted 5 seconds. Jenelle eyes adverted to the right, like they usually do at the onset of a complex partial. They stayed in that position for 5 seconds, and then she was back to normal. I hope it was the VNS doing its job.
Thank you all for continued prayers! Ill update later in the week.

Jenelle heading home after surgery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My son recently started having grand Mal seizures at 16 years old. We were prescribed Kepler. We decided NOT to take the medicine and go with a Modified Atkins Diet that entails feeding our son 15 carbs a day with lots of healthy fat. He eats a lot of grass fed beef, free range eggs, organic low crab veggies and is doing fantastic! We could tell a difference in him by the 3rd day. This is not alternative or junk science. Dr. Lewis hill at Johns Hopkins has been championing this diet for years and has been really successful. Doctors are really resistant to this therapy but it works!. Read "Grain Brain" for why it works. He also takes taurine which helped stop the night time teeth grinding, jerking, and unrest in his sleep (also known to stop seizures). And he takes cur cumin as a brain protestant that raises seizures.one day came across Albert post thanking Dr Lewis hill for curing his son seizure problem, and i got the contact of Dr Lewis hill i quickly contacted him then he made me to know that the medication is 100% permanent cure, and that was how i got the medicine which i used for my son, after which i took my son for medical test It worked! Over a year now, my son have not show any symptoms of seizure and I believe my son is cure if you need his help email him on drlewishill247@gmail.com