Monday, February 29, 2016

Back to School!

Jenelle went back to school today, and was very happy to see her friends. Prior to leaving school for her after school program at YMCA, I got an email from her teacher saying she was running a fever of 100.8. I hadn't removed the bandages yet to expose the steri-strips, so I wasn't sure if it was red. Luckily, YMCA reported a normal temperature and it has stayed that way all evening.
Last night, I think we had our first seizure since implanting the VNS. Not sure, because it only lasted 5 seconds. Jenelle eyes adverted to the right, like they usually do at the onset of a complex partial. They stayed in that position for 5 seconds, and then she was back to normal. I hope it was the VNS doing its job.
Thank you all for continued prayers! Ill update later in the week.

Jenelle heading home after surgery!

No comments: