Thursday, March 13, 2008

Small moments of normalcy

I just want to share this small moment with you. I am sharing a bowl of oatmeal with Jenelle. Regular oatmeal, not baby food oatmeal. She even has her own bowl (and not a plastic baby bowl like I usually use, a real cereal bowl.)

Her eating has greatly improved in the last two months, and finally, she can manage chewing the texture of regular oatmeal. Her drinking/sipping needs improvement, but this is awesome.

As I took out two bowls to pour the oatmeal it felt so good, to make a "regular" meal for Jenelle, and enjoy it with her. I added milk and sugar to mine, she has yogurt and maple syrup in hers.

Just wanted to share.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is soooo cool! Isn't it great to celebrate the little things? Our children sure do teach us not to take anything for granted.

Leightongirl said...

That's incredible. I'm speechless. Way to go.

Brooklyn said...

I have a HUGE smile on my face right now....way to go Jenelle! I bet is was the best breakfast mommy has ever eaten!

Jake said...

wow, Jenelle is making huge improvements. I can't believe the walking, how did this happen? That is awesome. I am still waiting for Jake to walk.

Jenna